Allegion Pack Operator 2nd shift in Princeton, Illinois
Pack Operator 2nd shift
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, which are to be performed accurately, efficiently, within company safety and quality standards, and within required time frames as needed. Other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
• Remove appropriate parts from conveyor or locate from stock
• Fill, test, regulate cylinders
• Package finished parts and prepare them for shipment
• Perform quality checks on parts and products
• Perform spot checks to ensure closers and parts are packaged and labeled correctly; reassemble or reconfigure products as required
• May perform other duties as assigned and extend into other areas as needed
• Follow safety regulations; keep work areas and equipment clean and orderly
• Flexibility to work overtime as needed
• Perform tasks in a timely and accurate manner
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships
• Ability to work effectively in independent situations and exercise good judgment to reach sound conclusions
• Ability to use Kanban workflow for optimal build performance
• Ability to follow written and verbal instructions, schedules, rules, procedures, etc.
• Ability to read, interpret, and perform from various documents, including method sheets, assembly drawings, production reports, safety rules, printed shop schedules, operating maintenance instruction and procedure manuals, etc.
• Ability to properly identify components and gain extensive parts knowledge
• Ability to identify and obtain appropriate parts for work station operation.
• Ability to use CRT and data entry technologies (bar code, key entry); ability to use the AS400 computer application
• General knowledge of machinery, specifically related to areas of responsibility
• Ability to judge distances, spatial relationships, and perform visual and/or mechanical inspections; ability to distinguish colors and finishes
• Basic math and computer skills
• Ability to perform jobs at the same or lower labor grade than current job
• Ability to frequently lift up to 5 pounds, occasionally lift up to 25 pounds, and rarely lift up to 60 pounds
• Ability to demonstrate manual dexterity; ability to use fingers and hands to feel, handle, or squeeze; reach with hands and arms; twist/turn body; perform repetitive motions
• Ability to stand, walk, and/or sit, frequently and for extended periods of time
• Ability to occasionally climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl
• Ability to use two hand palm buttons
• Ability to use pneumatic tools
• Ability to use testing equipment
• Exposure to various chemicals including greases, oils, and adhesives in safe exposure amounts and approved for use in our facility by EHS
• Exposure to temperature changes
• Exposure to moderate noise levels with intermittent loud noises
• Exposure to vibration
• Exposure to dirt and/or dust
• Exposure to sharp objects and parts
• Exposure to moving mechanical parts, protected by approved guarding and controls
• Minimum requirements:
o High school diploma or GED
Allegion is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. If for any reason you cannot apply through the career site, please click here at mailto:SpecialAssistance_TalentAcquisition@Allegion.com for special accommodation.
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
© Allegion plc, 2014 | Block D, Iveagh Court, Harcourt Road, Dublin 2, Co. Dublin, Ireland
REGISTERED IN IRELAND WITH LIMITED LIABILITY REGISTERED NUMBER 527370
We are Allegion.
A team of experts.
United under a common desire;
Protect today innovate for tomorrow.
And never settle for the status quo.
We believe in anticipating opportunities
by sharpening our skills
and finding new answers
We believe in a safer, more secure world.
We believe in providing peace of mind.
We believe in being true to ourselves and to those
who trust-in our protection.
We are many. We are one.
We are Allegion.