Allegion Production Drafter in Everett, Washington
AD Systems is headquartered in Everett, Washington and provides high quality sliding doors and interior storefront assemblies for projects throughout the USA and abroad.
The Production Drafter at AD Systems Inc. you will be responsible for the creation and development of shop drawings and production data such as bills of materials and cut lists for our industry leading sliding door and window products. Utilizing Cad drafting skills, you will also be involved in creating proposal drawings, illustrations, assembly instructions and other technical data required for the physical prototyping and eventual production of new products.
In addition to production drafting, your technical expertise may be called upon to support in house product development and technical documentation projects for ongoing internal or customer specific projects, such as Installation manuals, product technical documents, hardware cut sheets, product testing documents and many more. This position is on-site and requires little to no travel.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Utilize AutoCad to create detailed and accurate architectural and mechanical drawings, as well as detailed product assembly instructions.
• Formatting and publishing of technical documentation using extensive prior experience as a drafter/illustrator in architectural and or manufacturing
• Create architectural: Elevations, Plan Views, Detail Views, using existing templates and adhering to company standards.
Produce fabrication drawings including part drawings and machining drawings.
• Use Excel and other industry specific software to produce bills of material (BOM’s) for all materials required to fabricate the project.
• Supply cut lists and CNC programs for internal fabrication personnel.
• Able to balance multiple priorities at one time to ensure timely delivery.
• Able to thrive in a fast-paced deadline oriented environment.
• Appropriately escalates issues to management and customers about progress and any necessary modifications of plans or schedules that arise.
• Projects a positive and professional image at all times, assisting customers promptly and conducting all business in a friendly, courteous and knowledgeable manner.
• Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with those on your team, as well as cross functionally
• Performs administrative duties appropriate to the activities of the department.
Education and/or Experience:
• Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or five plus years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum of 3-4 years Construction Industry Drafting experience.
• Working knowledge of BOM’s, Architectural take offs, drafting and drawings.
• Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Geometric dimensioning and tolerances.
• Manufacturing, installation, and construction knowledge and understanding.
• Must be organized, and exhibit a high degree of attention to detail.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and work under pressure to meet deadlines.
• Excellent decision making skills with strong initiative.
• Must have the ability to communicate professionally and effectively (oral and written), as well as the ability to work well with others involved in diverse responsibilities.
• Technical writing ability, ability to effectively articulate complex technical subject matter using clear, concise, written English.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in the following software; AutoCad, Autodesk Inventor, and experienced with other modeling such as ProE and Solidworks. A working knowledge of MS office, Word processing, Spreadsheets, Flowcharts, Internet, E-mail, Database Tools, Acrobat or Bluebeam
Allegion is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. If for any reason you cannot apply through the career site, please click here at mailto:SpecialAssistance_TalentAcquisition@Allegion.com for special accommodation.
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
© Allegion plc, 2014 | Block D, Iveagh Court, Harcourt Road, Dublin 2, Co. Dublin, Ireland
REGISTERED IN IRELAND WITH LIMITED LIABILITY REGISTERED NUMBER 527370
We are Allegion.
A team of experts.
United under a common desire;
Protect today innovate for tomorrow.
And never settle for the status quo.
We believe in anticipating opportunities
by sharpening our skills
and finding new answers
We believe in a safer, more secure world.
We believe in providing peace of mind.
We believe in being true to ourselves and to those
who trust-in our protection.
We are many. We are one.
We are Allegion.