Allegion IT Senior Software Engineer in Carmel, Indiana
IT Senior Software Engineer
This position is responsible for the identifying and delivering on innovative solutions to complex business problems within Allegion’s Americas Region. The Software Engineer will work on projects primarily delivered to (but not limited to the) the Americas region business functions. Primarily the Senior Software Engineer will be responsible for the design, development, and advisement of technical and process solutions. Because of the close interaction with business customers and supporting IT teams, the Senior Software Engineer will require a deep understanding of requirements analysis, project planning, and testing support.
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science or Information Technology related discipline
• 7+ years of experience in the design, development, implementation, and integration of enterprise applications
Required Skills and Competencies
• Have a passion for technology and willingness to explore and adopt emerging technologies for practical business purposes
• Bring an upbeat, positive attitude while enjoying working with an agile team to develop innovative technical solutions to help enable business growth and improve customer satisfaction
• Be apt at quickly understanding new business domains and be creative and thoughtful about applying technology to improve processes and issues
• Design and implement solutions on cloud infrastructure
• Ability to quickly build proof-of-concept solutions that are forwarding looking to how they could be implemented on a larger scale
• Demonstrated experience modeling the innovation behaviors of questioning, observing, experimenting, networking, and associating
• Mentor and share knowledge with junior team members and across the Allegion IT teams.
• Have experience developing solutions in an object-oriented programming language (e.g. Java, C#)
• Have the ability to communicate well verbally and in writing, with various team members in roles that are both technical and non-technical particularly to give direction to other team members or present business value of various initiatives to leadership
• Be self-motivated with good time management skills
• Proactively work to coordinating efforts with employees at all levels including internal business partners, other technology teams, external suppliers/consultants, service providers, etc.
• Be able to interface with teams that may be globally co-located
• Ability to identify issues, generate solutions and choose appropriate alternatives using basic root cause analysis
• Have experience integrating commercial-of-the-shelf software packages into a corporate environment
• Understand the cloud computing paradigm using services such as Azure or AWS
• Have experience using an integrated development environment or application lifecycle management tool such as Visual Studio or TFS
• Demonstrated knowledge of software development methodologies and best practices
• Experience working in a fast-paced, agile environment while providing consistent application lifecycle management
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Support innovation through the creative application of software and hardware architecture, design, and development
• Analyze existing business processes and software then recommend and design improvements
• Develop specified application components or enhancements, as needed
• Be comfortable delivering technical solutions for projects leveraging agile project management methodologies
• Develop technical strategies that can be consistently applied across the enterprise
• Develop and maintain enterprise standards for application and technical ecosystem architecture
• Identify technical risk in projects and develop strategies to alleviate it
• Communicate technical architecture direction and how it relates to business objectives to all levels of the organization through documentation, training, and awareness
• Work with the IT team, business functions, external vendors, and contract resources to deliver project requirements in a timely and cost-effective manner
• Be able to communicate effectively in business terms and technical terms as appropriate
• Help to clarify, identify, and track requirements and project issues and escalate to immediate manager where required
• Limited travel is required
Allegion is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. If for any reason you cannot apply through the career site, please click here at mailto:SpecialAssistance_TalentAcquisition@Allegion.com for special accommodation.
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
© Allegion plc, 2014 | Block D, Iveagh Court, Harcourt Road, Dublin 2, Co. Dublin, Ireland
REGISTERED IN IRELAND WITH LIMITED LIABILITY REGISTERED NUMBER 527370
We are Allegion.
A team of experts.
United under a common desire;
Protect today innovate for tomorrow.
And never settle for the status quo.
We believe in anticipating opportunities
by sharpening our skills
and finding new answers
We believe in a safer, more secure world.
We believe in providing peace of mind.
We believe in being true to ourselves and to those
who trust-in our protection.
We are many. We are one.
We are Allegion.