Allegion Hardware Engineer in Bangalore, India
Position Title: Hardware Engineer
Location: Bangalore, India
Business Unit: Allegion India Pvt. Ltd
Allegion India is seeking a highly motivated, Hardware Engineer experienced in low power wireless, microcontrollers and firmware, who is looking to serve a key role on a highly driven team, and who can also work independently to meet project timelines and deliverables. Candidates must comprehend the importance of delivering a successful product on time and of getting a product out on the market as soon as possible.
Required Education and/or Experience:
• BE/ M Tech or higher degree in E&E or E&C Engineering
• 3 to 5 years of experience in Electronics/Electrical product design and manufacturing
• Microcontroller Hardware Design
• Analog & Digital Circuit Design
• PCB CAD Design, manufacture and assembly
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Excellent knowledge in designing embedded system based on Microcontroller/ Microprocessor based systems and associated subsystems such as the power supply, I/O interfaces, displays and communications modules.
• 1-2 years of Experience in PCB layout design with Altium.
• Experience in designing multi-layer PCB.
• Good Knowledge in IPC PCB design guidelines
• Should have experience in interfacing with Hardware Design Engineering, Electrical Engineering Project Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Teams to support the PCB designing activities.
• Experience in participating in design review’s with stakeholders and EMS vendors
• Experience in design for DFT and DFM.
• An understanding of the causes of EMC/EMI/ESD problems in electronic circuits and best practice methods employed to overcome these.
• Communications Protocols; UART, SPI, I2C, RS232, USB, Ethernet
• Proficiency in engineering computer tools used for design analysis and verification required. Experience in Circuit Simulation tools and analysis.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Self-motivated and self-directed
• Must be a very good team player
• Strong problem solving and creative skills
• Good organizational skills being able to multitask on multiple development projects
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• UL/FCC Certification testing would be a plus
• Experience in manufacturing engineering, quality engineering, or reliability engineering would be a plus
• Experience in Short Range Wireless technology i.e., Wi-Fi , BLE, Zigbee or Z-wave would be a plus
• Experience in Low Power Wireless technologies and practices; 802.15.4, BLE would be a plus
• Experience in RFID, Proximity, and Smart card technologies would be a plus
Allegion is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. If for any reason you cannot apply through the career site, please click here at mailto:SpecialAssistance_TalentAcquisition@Allegion.com for special accommodation.
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
© Allegion plc, 2014 | Block D, Iveagh Court, Harcourt Road, Dublin 2, Co. Dublin, Ireland
REGISTERED IN IRELAND WITH LIMITED LIABILITY REGISTERED NUMBER 527370
We are Allegion.
A team of experts.
United under a common desire;
Protect today innovate for tomorrow.
And never settle for the status quo.
We believe in anticipating opportunities
by sharpening our skills
and finding new answers
We believe in a safer, more secure world.
We believe in providing peace of mind.
We believe in being true to ourselves and to those
who trust-in our protection.
We are many. We are one.
We are Allegion.