Allegion Design Engineer in Bangalore, India
• Bachelor or Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
• Minimum of 3 years work experience
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment
Area's of Accountability
• Customer driven & innovative design
• Design reliability & integrity (mfg. process)
• Effective project planning and execution
• Effective collaboration & communication
• Effective problem solving
• High energy and pro-active approach
• Use appropriate Eng. Tools (FMEA, Root Causes Analysis, DOE, GD&T, Toll stacks up)
• Utilize failure reporting and corrective actions (FRACA) in database
• Perform stress and motion analysis with team and select appropriate materials
• Develop engineering tasks and maintain schedules
• Perform statistical tolerance analysis
• Develop design with manufacturability solid CAD models using ProEngineer CAD Software and Windchill PLM
• Use Engineering calculations and Manufacturing considerations to develop design
• Understanding Mfg. process for Stamp/Forg/Cast/Powder metal/ Screw machine/Injection molding/Springs/MIM
•Must possess good verbal and written communication skills and have the ability and experience to provide capable project/tasks leadership
•Must make design trade-offs to insure lowest overall cost, highest reliability and best performance in the intended application
•Communicate project status through reports, presentations and design reviews.
•Perform project design tasks to ensure that projects are completed within acceptable time and cost targets.
•Improve upon current designs by reducing cost and increasing robustness and reliability
Allegion is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. If for any reason you cannot apply through the career site, please click here at mailto:SpecialAssistance_TalentAcquisition@Allegion.com for special accommodation.
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
© Allegion plc, 2014 | Block D, Iveagh Court, Harcourt Road, Dublin 2, Co. Dublin, Ireland
REGISTERED IN IRELAND WITH LIMITED LIABILITY REGISTERED NUMBER 527370
We are Allegion.
A team of experts.
United under a common desire;
Protect today innovate for tomorrow.
And never settle for the status quo.
We believe in anticipating opportunities
by sharpening our skills
and finding new answers
We believe in a safer, more secure world.
We believe in providing peace of mind.
We believe in being true to ourselves and to those
who trust-in our protection.
We are many. We are one.
We are Allegion.